Taking the information I gathered from the Thread's DVD, I took the changes made to muslin #1 (from last week), transferred them to my pattern, and made up muslin #2. I was willing to sacrifice time for this extra work because I truly believed that it would yield great results. Here's Muslin #2, and I'm satisfied with the results.
The muslin is comfortable sitting and standing (in fact, I'm wearing it right now). I only had to try it on three times opposed to the usual 10 to 12 times (no kidding). Could the muslin be better fit? I believe that it could be tweaked further if I had the use of extra hands and another set of eyes. But for my solitary efforts of fitting myself by myself, I think I did a good job. I feel that I've learned a lot about pants fitting this go around, and am certain that if someone else needed help fitting pants I could be a valuable help.
There are five pair of pants in my summer wardrobe plans. Hope I have zippers stashed in all the right colors. Speaking of zippers - I usually pull out a special set of instructions I have for front fly zippers. Recently I couldn't find my laminated copy and had to wing the zipper insertion. I found that I've been using the instructions as a crutch. Oh well, my skills are progressing...