- re-traced the original pattern
- cut a new muslin without any preconceived alterations- starting from scratch
- extra tedious work - yes! But I plan on it being well worth it
|Pockets are sagging a little, but I can fix that by stabilizing that area during pocket construction.|
- working with a muslin I've pinched out the wrinkles, pinned up the excess (right side) in a diagonal dart, and then stitched the dart in (left side).
- Peggy suggests disassembling the muslin and using it as the actual pattern rather than chancing error when transferring the alteration it to the original pattern piece.
- mark all basted seam allowances that I've altered to make a better fit,
- then remove all the basting stitches, completely dissembling the muslin, and
- use the muslin pieces as my pattern.