Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cheveron Fabric

cheveron print seems to be all the rage right now, when I saw this I fell in love with it probably becasue I had tee's & jackets that would work with it creating a complete look, it was on sale 40% off  still a  little high but I love it!


 
 
there were other fabrics o sale as low as 90% off which I took advanage of lol! anyways back to the fabric, upon deciding how many yards for a maxi skirt  since it is over 50'' wide the sales girl looks at how I'm holding it , with the w's going across when she says it goes up & down, I say  everything I've seen in a cheveron print goes across, she then says well it's your fabric but it's gonna make you look bigger, humm did she just say that! lol! I may be new to the cheveron craze but I think it goes across, what do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Oh Nanna, you made me laugh! I too have purchased 2 lots of expensive chevron fabric. As far as I know it goes across. See where most of the stretch goes and that normally goes across. Having said that - one of the main reasons I am loathe to cut into the pieces I have (other than the cost of the fabric LOL) is that horizontal stripes and me don't go together well!!! I sit back and say to myself - why on earth did I buy this expensive fabric when it is not going to flatter me. The answer - because I love it.

    Sew it how you want to sew it and wear it with pride. There are some great Chevron looks out there. Eager to see your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks BeaJay, although I knew what she ment I so wanted to say sideways, up & down either way's not gonna hide how big are small you are lol!I think it drew me because I knew I had jackets & tee's that would work well with it, the big plans are to make it up this week for a special occassion comming up Sunday which I explain at the end of my latest blog post
      Helen

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks Faye, I picked that fabric up, then put it back a half dozen times lol! finally at the cutting table I said if I don't get it I'll be sorry when I get home & ran grabbed it one more time , I may look like a big ole chevron sign before it's over with!lol!
      Helen

      Delete
  3. Oh you just made my morning, LOl. I love that fabric, I can't wait to see your skirt.
    Awilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Awilda, planing on making it this weekend, have to get a root canal Fri. ouch! so I'd better get started on it today lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's what I'm saying Diane, up & down just looks kinda lizzard to me lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it depends on the size of the stripe. The pattern on your fabric looks small enough to be comfortably (and stylishly) worn going across. Kristine shows how fantastically knocked off a dress using horizontal black & white stripes. Her blog post is here: http://kbdesigns74.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-b-dress-finale-picture-heavy.html. I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks L , she has a nice blog
    Helen

    ReplyDelete