Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Floral Skirt - First Finish!

After driving myself crazy trying to fit a knit t-shirt, I have returned to my comfort zone and sewed up a skirt.   I have to admit that I feel more like the experience sewist that I really am than I have for weeks.

I made a muslin of Simplicity 2475 which only needed a couple adjustments at the waist and upper back seams to better fit my narrower waist.

  My years of fussy cutting for quilts paid off for the placement of the stems at the hem, some green leaves in the kick pleats (sorry, not visible in the photos) and my favorite: the clever placement of the butterfly on the front waistband.


The fabric was a 3-panel linen (or linen-like) fabric I found at a thrift store for about $5, probably intended as curtains or throw pillows.  It is fully lined with scraps that are probably white cotton sheets.   Pink metal zip at the left hip (the only 7" light colored zip in my vast stash).

It is 100% stash for the Style the Stash Challenge.  More details on my blog. 

4 comments:

  1. THAT is a fabulous, fabulous skirt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a gorgeous skirt Marjorie, really pretty and summery.

    ReplyDelete