Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Stitch Slapped (Jalie 2680)

Actually, this garment is more like a fit-ch slap.  I had high hopes for this one seeing as how I made a muslin and all.  What I didn't consider was that the muslin was made a year (maybe two) ago.  I tried it on before cutting out my fabric and I thought it looked pretty good.  Alas, it was not to be.  The coat is lined/underlined using the Stitch-and-Flip method (blogged here).  The facings are finished with bias tape and the hems are turned under and topstitched.  I finished the coat anyway and have already relegated it the donation bin.  

I will definitely try this pattern again and have not abandoned Stitch-and-Flip.  But for now, I need some sewing success and an easier project.

L

4 comments:

  1. I for one can definitely sympathize having recently experienced a "Stitch Slapped" moment myself. Your solution of having a easy next project success will surly be a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have just had this experience - it's really disappointing to invest all those high hopes - and then, wad. The best that can be said is that you have learnt a lot, which you will use later to great success. A nice easy project should give you some respite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good from your pics - will jump over to your site to see more. Sometimes you just need a quick win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! This looks so cool with what you've shown and the bias finishing is divine! I hope you can put it to good use!

    ReplyDelete