Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm Back from Wadderville

No gifts this time...unless you like frustration and disappointment. =)  I have two new garments to share:  Kwik Sew 3558 (jacket) and BWOF 8-2005-102 (skirt).


They're two pieces of a five-piece mini wardrobe on which I am currently working.  The "scarf" is actually the fabric for the next item, a knit top.

I went snoop shopping yesterday (details forthcoming) and let's just say I am really glad that I know how to sew.  From horrific fit to borderline aggressive sales-folk, I realized that I do not like going to the mall.  At all. 

L

5 comments:

  1. I love that whole outfit. Very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit is gorgeous and the "scarf" once it becomes a top will complete it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I really like the skirt. Nice ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit, and I just need to rant a bit. You mention borderline aggressive sales folk! HAHAHAHA -- that really got me. The last time I shopped at Macy's the clerk was like a stalker barracuda, whipping the dressing room curtain open every 10 seconds (seemed like it anyway). When I did choose something, she went on and on about opening a store charge card -- how I'd be stupid to turn that down, and did I really like spending more money than I needed to. I was exhausted with her, really. I guess she was just doing her job, but --- WHEW! Excellent reason for sewing. . . Nancy

    ReplyDelete