Thursday, May 9, 2013

What's that noise?

That sound you heard was me dropping the ball on all things sewing.  After the semester ended, I thought I'd be sewing up a storm.  <Enter ball to be dropped.>  I had grand plans to finish my jeans today when I was awakened at 3am to the sound of what I now believe is a raccoon in my attic. Oy.  Freakin'.  Vey.  This animal is dipping into my sewing time and sewing funds.  You can't do both little dude.  Let's just hope this doesn't cost any more than the price I was quoted on the phone.  O_O

Sewing will resume...eventually...

L

5 comments:

  1. What is that I here...? The sound of "life getting in the way...!" Be encouraged....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! I'm glad I heard it and was able to get someone out to survey the situation today. Thank you for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Whoa!! Raccoon be damned! Did you have a lot of stuff in your attic?

    Hope it gets taken care of, and you are back to sewing sooon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, the "attic" is really a crawl space on top of my house, so there's no damage to any property. The bad news is that the little bugger chewed a hole through the roof (wood, shingles, and all). There is now a hole in my roof and it's going to rain tonight and all day tomorrow. The make shift cover that was installed has now collapsed and I don't know if the raccoon is up there or not. The guy said if the hole is covered, it won't come out. I can only wait until night time and see if it moves around up there. See...this is why I am a city girl. I can handle stray dogs. Raccoons? This isn't for me!

      Delete
  3. Hi L, that's life in the country - in Australia, we have possums that do the same sorts of things. What a nuisance for you (that's one of my classic understatement phrases). Okay, once more with feeling - I'd be seriously peeved as well. Seriously a dampener on that end of semester feeling.

    ReplyDelete