Sunday, March 17, 2013

Disclaimer...

...or totally planned cop-out. =)

My 20-year high school reunion is in August.  I have grand plans to make two dresses - one for the Friday night mixer and one for the formal dinner the next day.  Right now, I am thinking of a cocktail dress with peplum and a long knit dress in black or navy with a little bit of bling.  I've picked out patterns and will start working on muslins in a couple of months.  I've got this all worked out in my head however, my mind has many visions of perfection that often don't translate into reality!  That said, given that our challenge starts in a couple of weeks, I'm going to allow the purchase of these two garments in the event I happen to chuck my sewing machines off a bridge. =)  I think I can pull this off if I start early enough, but just in case...

L

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you L lol! I completely understand, it's not even April yet & I'm having buying withdrawals,I think of all those Dress Barn Coupons I'll be getting from "my fav store" lol! & there's a Praise & worship conference every year in Tenn, the ladies at the church get together & go "SHOPPING" for this every year oh my!Vita & Natalea's gonna have to keep a close eye on us for sure! lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it L!!! I've seen your craftsmanship and you are far more advanced than I am and I would definately do it! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Lmbo at Helen! I've barely shopped last year and am still thinking about what I am going to be missing out on. Lol.

    Natalea
    My husband talked about taking me on a shopping spree for my birthday. My birthday happens to be April 3. Lol. I'm sure he did that on purpose. I'll fix him though, it'll be for fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all, yes, its a good idea to make sure the wardrobe is full of clothes before starting a challenge like this one! Its pretty scary, given it seems to take me two weeks to get muslins right, let alone make up the garment. But then, I suppose 1 good garment a month equates to 12 over the year. Hmm, time for really serious wardrobe planning I think :)

    ReplyDelete