Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Me Made Monday

 
Today I wore two patterns that have been worked into the rotation many times:  New Look 6648 (knit top) and New Look 6274 (skirt).

If you haven't tried NL 6648 yet, you're missing out!  It's super simple, very flattering, and can be constructed completely on a serger.  Be aware that the neckline is a bit wide and the neckband piece is too long.  Also, the lower band is supposed to be cut with the stretch going with the grain.  This never made sense to me - especially if your knit only has two-way stretch.  So I always cut it with the stretch going across the grain.

NL6274 is a simple a-line skirt with darted front/back and side seam zipper.  I went all out on the construction of this skirt in 2011:  Hong Kong finish for all of the seams; fully lined; petersham-faced waist, invisible zipper, and blind hem with lace hem tape.  I usually line and face all of my skirts with petersham, but rarely do I do Hong Kong finishes or use hem tape.  This skirt wears extremely well and is very comfortable.

L

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I will have to try those patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great ! All the extra work you put into the skirt really paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...it looks great on you! Btw, I ordered Jalie 2908 and 2910. I can't wait! I've already purchased the denim fabric. In the meantime, I'm also going to try V8774!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous. I've always had trouble with New Look patterns - they seem to not fit me well and I find them difficult to make. Your outfit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete